September 19, 2005

Monday - September 19th

Mondays... BAH!!! Normally I hate Mondays, but today starts the "Coming Home" series on CNN, and I'm looking forward with mixed emotions to watching. I'm anxious to view scenes from the neighborhood, and to watch as my friends and neighbors return home, but sad that Linda and I are unable to return as well. So much to do, and so far away!!

Linda and I were at dinner at (would you believe it?) the "Crescent City" restaurant located very near our hotel. With much trepidation I ordered shrimp creole appetizer and chicken and andouille sausage gumbo, both of which were actually pretty good. We sat next to a couple that I recognized from work. They are from the 9th Ward in New Orleans and had about 4 feet of water in their home, which is a raised shotgun house, so the water was at least 7 feet in their neighborhood! It is so hard to meet these people and try to sympathize and empathize with them, and have to answer their inevitable questions with, "No, our house is ok, we didn't do too badly at all." It almost makes me feel guilty that I didn't lose more than I did.

Please continue to pray for us, and especially for all those who suffered so much more and continue to suffer and wait and watch for their turn at returning and trying to rebuild their lives.

God Bless!

Dean

No comments: