December 8, 2005

When You Wish Upon A Star


Christmas wish lists are beginning to surface in our household. Since the kids kept picking at me I succumbed and ginned up a short list of STUFF that I wouldn’t mind possessing, but if I didn’t get any of those things, I would still be happy, because I have the things most important to me already. I have a loving wife, children and grandchildren that I’m very proud of, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces, cousins (including the in-laws!!) each of whom holds a special place in my life and in my heart. I have dear, dear friends who brighten up my world when we’re together, and leave me with memories to cherish when we’re apart.

With that being said, I’d like to share with you my Christmas wishes:

I wish that Jesus Christ were more the center of my life and my being than He is today.

I wish that I could be more attuned to others’ needs. With that, I wish that I were more inclined to be a “good neighbor” to those less fortunate than me. (And less fortunate doesn’t necessarily mean having less money!)

I wish that more people could see that what we are, what we have, who we know, is all a gift from God, and that being faithful to Him and living our lives with love for one another is small recompense for those gifts.

I wish that Christmas were not so commercialized.

I wish that one day would go by without any deaths by violence…Then one week… one month… one year…

I wish that my entire extended family knows how very much I love them and cherish them in my life.

I wish that each and every one of you gets everything you wish for.

Most of all, I wish each and every one of you true happiness. I wish you the complete and utter joy of knowing and reveling in the love that God and Jesus Christ have to offer.

May God bless you with a Christmas season that is full of joy and laughter and the pleasure of unconditional giving, with no thought of getting anything in return. The warm glow that you feel inside is God’s way of saying, “You done good!”

Merry Christmas! - Dean

No comments: