January 23, 2006

LEAVING NOLA IS EASIER SAID

I thought I had left New Orleans and was living somewhere else.  Perhaps I was mistaken?  It appears that we have voter fraud and dead people voting here in Memphis.  I wonder if they are former Louisianans.

Driving back from New Orleans to Memphis yesterday was HORRIBLE!  It rained and stormed the entire way back.  We passed four or five accidents along the way, where cars had slid off the highway.  Many people had their emergency flashers on as we struggled along at 40 – 45 mph.

The birds and Maynard act as if things are back to normal now that we’re in the hotel.  It’s going to be a real adjustment for them when we finally return home for good.  I wonder how they’re going to react if Linda and I are split for a time.  Evil Greenbird has to go with her, that’s a given.  That bird hates me!!

Wedding plans continue to go well, I think.  Linda and I met the in-laws-to-be.  They were really nice people and it was a pleasure getting to know them for the little time we had.  They seem to genuinely like Kenny, but we can’t hold that against them, we like him, too!

H2 has a friend from work who is going through a difficult time.  It gives me pause to think about other times with other people and how it was easy to jump to conclusions, to be judgmental and to treat them, to say the least, without compassion or understanding.  It never hurts to remember that there are always two sides to any story involving two people.

The “Tale of Two Jakes” came to a painful end yesterday, with Denver’s Jake Plummer and Carolina’s Jake Delhomme being trounced by  Pittsburgh and Seattle respectively.  Sorry, H2, gotta go with Pitt on this one.

Speaking of H2, it looks like his commencement will by in May, but he will have to finish his final courses in June-July timeframe.  He’s been doing a great job, balancing work and school and keeping an excellent GPA.  I hope he is soon able to realize his ambition to be in Federal law enforcement.  I know he’ll be good at what ever he chooses.

Have you seen the new Chevy commercial with the winter Olympics fans?  It’s hysterical!  Very clever ads to generate interest in the Olympic Winter games.  We wish all our athletes the very best, and hope they can “bring home the gold”!

That’s about all I have for now.  I had to get something new up before DIL started picking on me.  (  Take care and God bless you all!!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You got in just under the wire too, I was going to start jumping butt today!! hehe

Compassion, understanding, empathy ... hehehe, you are so funny!! Did you get a new family up there in Memphis??