February 1, 2006

Postcards From The (L)Edge

I just want to say that we (Linda and I) are VERY proud of our son-in-law!! He is now Warden, and has his own jail! Just in case any of you come to New Orleans and party a little too hearty, he may be the guy to know!

BB got to be the line dance leader at dance class this week. She was very proud. Of course, I had to call to find out what a line dance leader is. I should have known, it's the first person in line for a line dance. Everyone else follows that person around the room. So, BB is the lead line dancer this week. Congratulations, Sweet Pea!!

I just read on DIL’s blog that Ken and Ellie (here after referred to as “Kenellie”) is going to Houston to visit the kids there. I noticed that he’s the only one of the family that has NOT come to Memphis to visit Mom and Dad. That fact will surely NOT be overlooked as we continue with their wedding planning.

We went to Bol รก Pasta last night. Obviously an Italian restaurant. Actually it’s a mid-range restaurant owned by a long-time restaurant family here in Memphis that offers a less formal dining atmosphere. The service was super, thanks to our server, Natalie, and the food was very good. Interesting to note, however, that on the dessert menu, the only item that was not available was spumoni because… give up??? Because they get it from NEW ORLEANS, and they haven’t had any since Katrina. Geez, after FIVE MONTHS I think I would either find another supplier or take it OFF the MENU!!!

Count down to NOLA – 23 days. It still looks like Linda will be staying here in Memphis. If all works out, she’ll be here until December, the earliest time for her to retire from civil service. It will be a long 9 – 10 months, but with the support of family and friends we’ll make it.

Take care and God bless you.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Do not be jealous of our you-come-visit-now potion, I will give you some next time I see you. Potent and effective! hehe

Congragulations Jerrod! Of course H1 knew but negelected to tell me.

B-Bee, oh our darling B-Bee ...leading the masses already!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Wow - 23 days!!! Countdown....
Mom's staying until December? I'm out of the loop!

Hannah said...

That is why the communicators of the family have blogs ... so you guys have a way to "catch up"!! hehe