March 5, 2006

Happy Birthday (Again) BB

Happy Birthday, BB!!

I can’t believe that it’s BB’s birthday (#5) party (her birthday was actually February 26th, but Mardi Gras got in the way) and we’re not there for the festivities. All those Kodak moments lost. (Heavy sigh!) She’s going to Build-A-Bear with several of her friends. I’ll bet she’s having a great time!

Last night I cooked dinner for Linda for the first time in 6 months. It’s nice to have a kitchen, of sorts, again. We bought a small George Foreman grill. The larger one we have at home would take up most of the counter here. I grilled ribeyes on the GF, and boiled up some broccoli. It was really good to sit at “home” and have a nice quiet meal together. Tonight is grilled pork chops.

The apartment we’re in is small, but nice. I look at it as practice for when the kids relegate us to a home for the elderly. (H1 says that that will be H2’s job). Not TOO soon, I hope.

I took Friday off to get settled in to the new apartment, so Monday should be one heck of a day of catching up with what’s gone wrong since Thursday. That seems to be the way things are every day now. Our schedule is so tight that if someone hiccups it’ll push out our end date by a day.

I’m slowly working my way through the past musings of The Hot Librarian, a weblog recommended by DIL. I’m up to March of 2005. Very interesting (adults only) reading. She writes a crisp, witty, satirical, ribald blog that is both entertaining AND somewhat unnerving for those of us who have children her age. I can only pray that half (or more) of what she writes is fiction!! If you want to risk it, try an entry or two, then go back to the beginning and read them all.

H1, listen up!! Go to the Texas de Brazil website and join their eClub. It’s free, and you get a 25% off your first visit coupon. You’ve really got to try this place. It’s awesome!!

OK. Time to start dinner. Talk later. Love you all. God bless. Oh, by the way, Big J (no, not Jerrod) has perfect attendance!!! Gold Star for Big J!!!

No comments: