July 16, 2006

Stop the Presses!! I Made a Mistake!!

It looks like I have to print a retraction. I don't love my kids. No, that's not it. I do love my kids. Actually the retraction is that I have been informed that K&G will remain KenEllie, because Ellie doesn't mind being Ellie. So. There. Retraction done.

We just got back from Harrisburg, PA. We attended the wedding of my niece, Jen. It was a wonderful time to get together with family that I haven't seen in quite some time. As an added bonus we were able to take H1 and DIL1 with us, as well as Ian, so they were able to meet some family members again, and others for the first time.

The wedding was beautiful, and Jen and Brian make a great couple. We wish them all the best in their new life together.

Saturday we all went to Hershey's Chocolate World (not to be confused with Chocolate City!!) and Hershey Park. It was a lot of fun, informative and the balmy Northern weather (94 degrees!! and it POURED for at leastl 1/2 hour that afternoon) was just peachy! It was really a great day, but we all earned a good night's rest after trekking up and down the hills of the park all day long. The landscape is definitely NOT flat like in NOLA!

We returned today, and it's good to be back home again. Linda is going to stay one more day before heading North, so tomorrow will be nice, too. Plus, since she is here, we're going to celebrate Ian's birthday tomorrow evening. Happy Birthday, Ian!!!

I have to close by saying that I've got a pretty darned nice family and am looking forward to getting together with them again, and hopefully P&J and KenEllie will be able to come next time.

Take care. God Bless!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I had SO much fun and I must say, your peoples is pretty cool man ... pretty damn cool!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Wish I could have been there!

Louisiana Rose said...

It was GREAT!! Did all you readers know that if you double click on the pictures they enlarge so you can see everyone more clearly?? Gee, they ALL look like Duncan's !!!???!!! Hmmmmm......