August 12, 2006

Saturday Morning

Linda is home. H2 is home. I'm up after letting Maynard out for his morning u-m-m, you know. Fed Maynard, fed Gumbo, fed Evil Greenbird, fed Craig-er. Prepped two pots of coffee, made one. Checked my emails. Now I'm blogging, sort of. All's almost right with the world.

The day is young. Not much to say. I'm not even sure my mind is fully engaged yet. Maybe I should go get some of that first pot of java and see if it gets me going. It's decaf, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right? Mind over lack of caffeine, that's what I say!

I spoke to DIL1 a couple of times last week. She seems VERY happy with her "Xbox". I'm thinking she won't be TRULY happy until she takes it on a, say, 6 hour or so road trip, probably easterly. H-m-m-m? I guess that'll have to wait, since H2 is heading to Houston once again on Thursday and will be there for two weeks.

I don't know if anyone read much after Katrina about people (notably police officers) "borrowing" new vehicles from lots in downtown NOLA? Apparently a LOT of cars, and fancy ones at that, managed to evacuate the city. Well, now there's a billboard that cracks me up every time I see it. It's basic black, no pictures, and all it says is "New Orleans' Finest Drive Sewell". (Sewell Cadillac was hit pretty hard). I love it!

The day has dawned brightly, so I'd better get out and run errands before the afternoon showers and T'storms start developing. Happy Linda's Home!! Day to everyone. Take care, and of course, God bless you.

No comments: