August 11, 2006

TGIF

It’s Friday in NOLA! Guess what that means? It means that Linda is coming home, or she’s not. SHE IS!! SHE IS!! SHE IS!! Yep, she’s making it home every other weekend now, and this is the weekend!!

Add to that that H2 has been in P’Cola all week and returned today, AND it’s Friday, to boot, and you’ve got yourself a hum-dinger of a weekend starting. The weather is beautiful. Hot, but beautiful. No rain today (so far).

With H2 gone it was pretty lonely and quiet at the ol' hacienda, but Patti and Jerrod took good care of me. They had me over twice for dinner. One of the dinners was cooked by Ian. The boy can do porkchops, let me tell you. KenEllie checked on me from time to time, and texted me with encouragement. All in all it wasn't too bad a week, but still I'm thrilled that H2 AND Linda are both going to be home tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot, I did have to call the plumber on Monday, and the A/C guy on Wednesday! But all is well now. Pipes are flowing and house is cool again. Just in time!

I’ve been meaning to update you a little bit on NOLA, “post-K” as the saying goes. I wrote a bit about it a blog or two ago, but I wanted to add some pics. I took these last week, so they’re current.This is the old Coast Guard station on Lake Pontchartrain. The new one was completed and moved into last year. Pretty timely, eh?

The next two are of Lakeshore Drive, usually well kept as it is in a pretty pricey neighborhood, and is used by lots of people for recreation. As you can see, it's not a pretty sight any longer.
And finally a couple of homes along Pontchartrain Blvd, a major thoroughfare that leads out of Lakeview toward the I-10/610 split.

Hopefully you can see from the photos that New Orleans, the Big Easy, the City that Care Forgot (I've never really understood that one) has a long, long way to go. I think people are surprised and a little dismayed at how little recovery, overall, has actually been accomplished. And little by little it looks like more people are opting to stay away than was originally thought.

Well, we're still here. Come and visit anytime. We'd love to see you!!

Take care, and God bless!

No comments: