Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

October 9, 2006


Linda is back for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!  Hoo-ray!!  It is great to have her home again.  I know Maynard misses her when she’s gone, and mopes around the house until she returns.  I guess I mope a little, too, although the kids do a good job of taking care of me and keeping me occupied.  

H1 and  DIL1 are in town!  H1 leaves for Houston Monday morning, but DIL1 gets to stay until Wednesday, working out of her boss’s NOLA office.  Good for us, bummer for H1!  It’s really great having them home for a few days.

Saturday we went to the Shed, as planned.  It was GREAT!!  The WHOLE family… Me, Linda, H1 and DIL1, H2, KenEllie, P&J, I-buddy and BB, and of course, Molly Grace.  I think we all had a great time, good food, beautiful day for a road trip, and just great family.  It’s times like these that make the best memories.

Unlike Sunday night…  I made the very HUGE mistake of going with H1, DIL1 and H2 to see “Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The Beginning”.  I never saw TCSM, either the original or the remake, although I guess from the title I should have known better.  It’s definitely two hours of my life that I’ll NEVER GET BACK!!!  It was HORRIBLE, people!  Truly horrible.  If I hadn’t been the driver, I would never have sat through the whole thing.  It was that bad.  Blood and gore, brutal violence, nonstop.  

I think what made it the worst for me was when the lights came on, and I saw a couple get up with their two CHILDREN, maybe three or four years old, and walk out of the show.  Who in their right minds would take kids that young to see something like that?  Why would the theater allow it?  Where is Child Social Services when you need them?

Sunday afternoon we watched the Saints/Bucs game while munching out on some excellent food prepared by Major Dad.  H2 showed up in his Bucs jersey, which came off right after the game, which by the way, the Bucs LOST!!  Saints are 4-1 and leading their division!

Fr. Deo called this evening.  He’s back in Rome and will resume his studies on Wednesday.  Please offer a prayer for his success.  We’re hoping he will return to NOLA to teach at Notre Dame Seminary.

I want to ask for special prayers for my friends who are struggling with health issues, and for their families.  Please join me in praying for their continued recovery, minimal discomfort, and maximum support from family and friends.

H2 passed his test for ICE!!  He qualifies for employment, so now we hope he will get a job with them.  He continues to work hard to get himself ready for whatever training academy he has to attend.  He has put SO much effort into this career goal, I can’t imagine him not being successful.

All in all, life is going pretty good for our family right now and we thank God for all the blessings He has given us.

I wish you all happiness and love.  May God grant you everything you need, and some of what you want!  Take care and, until next time, God Bless You!!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Post a Comment

<< Home