January 27, 2007

THE RETURN OF H2

H2 is HOME!!! He came home yesterday evening. A home health care nurse came by to show us how to administer his IVs and to get him started. He has one that runs for 24 hours, and a second that is given twice a day at 12-hour intervals. This will continue for 6 weeks.

He is really CUTE!! I never in a million years would have imagined seeing H2 wearing a "belly bag"! Part of his IV setup is a belly bag to hold the pump and antibiotics so he can get around, get out of the house, etc. He's so PRECIOUS!

As for H2 himself, he seems to be in less pain and is able to move about much better than before. He's still weak from the surgery and also, I'm sure, from lack of eating. He lost close to 40 pounds over the past 5 weeks, and has had little to no physical activity. It will take some time for him, but he appears to be on the mend.

That's the good news. I guess the bad news is that once H2 is well, I'll have nothing of interest to post anymore and my little blog will once again become boring and haphazardly published. I'll take an H2 who is well anytime.

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and support. As always, we ask for God's blessings for you and your loved ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Good to hear H2 is back home.
Thank you for all the updates and keeping us all informed as to what has been going on. I will continue to send "happy thoughts" his way!

I find your blog interesting, but that's just my opinion.