January 3, 2007

Throw Me An Alka-Selter Plus, Mister!!!

As New Years go, this one leaves a bit to be desired... H2 was in the hospital over the new year, had a second surgery yesterday, and will remain in the hospital at least a couple more days. Linda has spent 99% of her time at the hospital since last Thursday. I'm home with a head cold and sore throat that began yesterday morning. Little Molly Grace has RSV (I think that's what it's called) which is merely cold-like in adults, but is VERY serious in infants. Please, PLEASE pray for Molly!! It looks like 2007 has no way to go but UP!!!

The Ken half of KenEllie played golf this weekend for the first time... I hope he faired better than I would have... I'm not allowed to play miniature golf, even. I get too frustrated when the little white ball doesn't do what I want it to. Can you say "TANTRUM"?!?!?!

This is for Big J who, his wife reports, has gone above and beyond in his attendance at Mass over the holidays:
Bravo Zulu, Dude!!!!

Many thanks to all who continue to pray for H2 and the rest of our family and friends. You are in our prayers also.

Looking forward to the speedy return of H1/DIL1. They will come back to NOLA this weekend to see how H2 is doing, and we're always super excited to see them.



The Sugar Bowl will take place tonight, here in New Orleans... Although it borders on blasphemy here in Southeast Louisiana, I am hoping for some divine intervention that will propel Notre Dame to a victory over Louisiana State University!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?????? You can't root for the away team!!!!! Grr!

Anonymous said...

OH! Mr. H, I can't believe you were pulling for the "Irish" ... against our own "Bayou Boyz"! Glad the TIGERS over-came your "divine intervention". GEAUX TIGERS!
Now it's time for the BUCKEYES to beat up on some GATOR-meat. haha!
H2 is in my thoughts and I am feeling empathy for you and Molly being sick ... been sick since the 30th myself. My "happy thoughts" for H2 to reach a full recovery are sent out everyday.