February 27, 2007

THAT'S A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW!

S2 will be here in three days!! We can hardly wait! We’re setting up for another crawfish boil, and may try some charbroiled oysters, as well.

This past weekend was my “duty weekend” as Big J puts it. I preached at all three services at our church. I think it went well, although Linda says that my homily Saturday evening was different from the one at 11AM Mass on Sunday. Same message, different delivery I guess.

I don’t know what’s going on, but Sunday afternoon brought with it a migraine that left me pretty much out of commission until Tuesday morning. I missed work Monday and part of Tuesday morning because of it. At least I was able to go to BB’s birthday party. She’s six years old, going on 60!

H2 went to see IDD1 yesterday. She says, “Let’s take out the PICC and put you on pills for a week to see how you do.” H2 responded with, “How about we LEAVE THE PICC IN while we see how I do, so we don’t have to have it put back later?!?” DUH!! I really have very little confidence in the IDDs we’ve seen so far.

It looks like the PICC will probably be removed next Monday. If so, Linda may be going back to Memphis in about a week and a half. I don’t relish that thought, even a little!! It’s been really great having her here for the past 10 weeks!

H2 continues to improve, despite the doctors. He is getting out more, has driven his truck a couple of times, and his appetite is returning (witness the Taco Bell bags in the trash!!). Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

We received news yesterday that the 14 month old daughter of a friend of H2 passed away. She had leukemia. She was also a twin, but her brother is ok. Please pray for the family during this especially hard time.

Rumor has it that H1/DIL1 will be back in NOLA for the weekend. One can almost feel the excitement mounting! Probably the single worst thing that has happened to our family, courtesy of Katrina, is H1/DIL1 moving permanently to Houston. They may not agree with that assessment. They both have good jobs and lots of quality time without family interference, but we miss them more than we can put into words.

That’s it for now. I’m outta here! TC&GB!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

"without family interference" .. hhahahhahahah, let me catch my breath, ahahahahhahaha.

We'll be there with bells on. Can't wait to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We try to only interfere when you are here... Of course, I can't speak for H2... He's a whole other ball game!

Hannah said...

True, true .. it is mean to lump ya'll together, huh? My bad. hehe

Anonymous said...

http://www.prophototodvd.com