March 16, 2007

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!

I guess you learn something new every day. Linda and I both thought that when you change jobs in Federal Civil Service your losing command could hold you for up to a month on a lateral, or two weeks for a promotion. Apparently you always have the option of resigning at the losing command, then picking up right away at the gaining command. That’s what we’re looking into now. Of course, that means the bridges will most likely be burned, and there’ll be no looking back. So, there’s a SLIM chance that Linda may come home this weekend and just not go back to Memphis, other than to pick up anything she doesn’t have room for in the car this trip.

H2 is going to physical therapy twice a week. He seems to be ok afterward, not overly sore or worn out. It’s a relief to see him up and around again, and back to some sort of “normal”.

It’s almost time for the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, more commonly known as the Jazz Fest.

And with that thought, Linda just called back to say the HR person is going to push for March 31st. She’ll not be at work Monday, which means if Linda resigned today there would be a 3 day gap, which is not allowed. Oh, well. 2 weeks is better than 6, I guess.

Now I don't remember what I was going to write about Jazz Fest, so I guess I'll just go... I'm leaving... Don't push, I'm going... L8R Dewds!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's really great to hear that H2 is out and about ... the physical therapy should be the thing that gets him more mobile.
it's so good to hear that Mrs. H will be returning home soon and H2 is doing better. they both continue to be in my thoughts and "happy thoughts" are sent their way on a daily basis.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!