April 18, 2007

AND THE "WAY TO GO, GRACE" AWARD GOES TO...

You guessed it! Herr Deacon Dean von Klutzmeister is the WINNER!! I fell flat on my *SS at work today. Totally. Really klutzed out. I was wearing headphones so my cubicle neighbors didn't have to listen to my tunes. I stood up, which caused my chair (on rollers) to move backward. When I reached the end of the headphones cord I tried to quickly sit back down so as not to pull off the headphones or yank the cord from the computer. Did I mention that the chair had moved backward? Did I mention the chair has rollers? So when I sat down, on the front edge of the chair, it kept going backward and I kept going down... quickly... not too terribly gracefully... banging the chair into the cube wall and banging my back into the chair and my *ss into the carpet. Nice.

How's THAT for a mental image?

I'm now home, have taken a double dose of muscle relaxer meds from a previous injury and am hoping that I can still walk tomorrow!!

BB has been moved to a desk by herself because her deskmates have been cheating off her. This is kindergarten, for heaven's sake!!

That's it. I'm done.

7 comments:

Louisiana Rose said...

I'll bet your terrible cold threw your balance off! (ears)...not coming home till that cold is gone!!

Hannah said...

Ouch!! Hope you feel better soon.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Ohhh, poor Dad! I hope you're okay. And yes, my kid is a smarty pants!!

Unknown said...

Ow, that sure is a mental picture but I seriously hope that...that is, I wish that you...oh, what the heck! I wish I had been there to see it! Of course, I would have stopped laughing long enough to get a picture with my camera phone and send it to everyone!! Oh, I mean long enough to help you up.
Of course. Really, I would have.
Don't you believe me?!

Unknown said...

Oh, by the way, 'Saran Wrap' is a nickname for me, Sara, your sister, the compassionate one. That's right, the nurse! :)

H1 said...

Okay, I'm not a doctor or nurse (but I know some of your readers are) however, in my opinion, double dosing "muscle relaxers" isn't going to make you walk any better. I'm just sayin. ;)

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Yeah, but I'll bet he feels better!