5em
Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

April 18, 2007

AND THE "WAY TO GO, GRACE" AWARD GOES TO...

You guessed it! Herr Deacon Dean von Klutzmeister is the WINNER!! I fell flat on my *SS at work today. Totally. Really klutzed out. I was wearing headphones so my cubicle neighbors didn't have to listen to my tunes. I stood up, which caused my chair (on rollers) to move backward. When I reached the end of the headphones cord I tried to quickly sit back down so as not to pull off the headphones or yank the cord from the computer. Did I mention that the chair had moved backward? Did I mention the chair has rollers? So when I sat down, on the front edge of the chair, it kept going backward and I kept going down... quickly... not too terribly gracefully... banging the chair into the cube wall and banging my back into the chair and my *ss into the carpet. Nice.

How's THAT for a mental image?

I'm now home, have taken a double dose of muscle relaxer meds from a previous injury and am hoping that I can still walk tomorrow!!

BB has been moved to a desk by herself because her deskmates have been cheating off her. This is kindergarten, for heaven's sake!!

That's it. I'm done.

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

7 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I'll bet your terrible cold threw your balance off! (ears)...not coming home till that cold is gone!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Ouch!! Hope you feel better soon.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Ohhh, poor Dad! I hope you're okay. And yes, my kid is a smarty pants!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Saran Wrap said...

Ow, that sure is a mental picture but I seriously hope that...that is, I wish that you...oh, what the heck! I wish I had been there to see it! Of course, I would have stopped laughing long enough to get a picture with my camera phone and send it to everyone!! Oh, I mean long enough to help you up.
Of course. Really, I would have.
Don't you believe me?!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Saran Wrap said...

Oh, by the way, 'Saran Wrap' is a nickname for me, Sara, your sister, the compassionate one. That's right, the nurse! :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger H1 said...

Okay, I'm not a doctor or nurse (but I know some of your readers are) however, in my opinion, double dosing "muscle relaxers" isn't going to make you walk any better. I'm just sayin. ;)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Yeah, but I'll bet he feels better!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home