May 6, 2007

VILLAINS GALORE

Update... 4:45AM, got up to take some more headache medicine and my morning pills. I hurt EVERYWHERE!! It must be from the muscles all tightening up yesterday. I lay back down for another hour, but at 5:45AM I got up again to get a glass of milk and some pretzels to put something in my stomach (my meds DO say "take with food", which I didn't). So now I'm awake and trying to distract myself from aches and pains by reaching out to you, dear readers.

Friday KenEllie, H2, BB, Ian, Linda and I went to see Spiderman III. It's a good thing KenEllie made us go early because the theater filled up totally! It was a long movie at 2 hours and 20 minutes and I found it to be a bit slow at times. I think having three villains and a sidebar about Mary Jane's singing career was a bit much. The Sandman scenes were pretty cool, though. That was definitely a good character. Venom came on scene pretty much at the end, and the new Green Goblin started the movie and finished the movie but was absent during most of it.

All in all, if you keep in mind that, hey, it's a freakin' comic book made into a movie, you'll probably enjoy it. Lots of action, special effects and enough mushy to make it almost a "chick flick" at times.

Here's wishing everyone a belated Cinco de Mayo!! Today is the May crowning at HNM. The children bring flowers for Mary and decorate a statue of Mary and the child Jesus that we have on a litter. Then the statue is carried around the block in a procession as the rosary is recited. This is to honor Mary, the Mother of God, whose month is May. It is a nice custom, but I don't think I'll be participating this year.

FL1, where are you? Haven't seen you in quite awhile! I hope you're enjoying your new job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital! Big J

Hannah said...

I miss Chia blogs!! Wahhhh!!!!