July 14, 2007

FRIDAY THE 13TH - UNLUCKY - NAH!!!

How often does a person get sick on a day when they have a doctor's appointment? I woke up yesterday morning and thought my leg was redder than it should have been. I went ahead and wrapped it in an ace bandage and headed off to DLG's house to sit with the grandkids.

As the morning wore on I began to experience many of the same symptoms I had had back in May, aching joints, chills, and the right leg appeared to be visibly larger than the left.

The doctor visit confirmed my suspicions. The cellulitist has returned. Plus, the open wound was larger and infected. Although my IDD was leaning toward putting me back in the hospital, she agreed to put me on some killer antibiotics over the weekend with my promise that I would keep my leg elevated, and would go to the emergency room is the leg got worse.

Following doctor's orders I came home and put my foot up. It wasn't hard to do as instructed since I felt pretty miserable anyway. I tried watching some TV, then went to bed for several hours. Later I got up and tried watching TV again, but finally ended up in bed again where I stayed until morning.

The good news is that the swelling went down again, although the leg remains very red. I hope it's a good sign.

Please continue to include me and H2 in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer warriors attack!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should play a different game. This one is getting old!!! :-)
Prayers are on their way!!!

Deacon Dean said...

This game is getting old?!?!?! Tell me about it!!

Hannah said...

Hope you get better soon. You are missing riding season. Oh wait, you'll ride in any weather, never mind. hehe Serious, get better right now daggonit!!