August 4, 2007

LIFE GOES ON

First, a note to DIL1... Over the years that I've known you, I've watched you, often in wonder and amazement, mind you, grow into a lovely, mature young woman. You complete one of my children (H1) and are without a doubt the best friend to another (H2). You are, indeed, a part of our (quirky, silly, sick, psycho) family, and we love you dearly. Thank you for the kind words in your blog. I started to get a little misty eyed, then I thought, hey, considering how you describe SD, and then compared me to him, I'm not sure just how much of a compliment I got!! (Just kidding! I am truly touched by the sentiment.)

Although large areas of New Orleans are remain starkly desolate, most notably in New Orleans East, and some parts of St. Bernard Parish, still there are signs that life does, indeed, go on in the Big Easy.

Pre-Katrina, I used to go to the city's main vehicle inspection station which is located near the old American Can Company. For years I would drive past the large, vacant buildings with broken windows, peeling paint and crumbling exterior.

Yesterday evening Linda and I went to dinner with Fr. John and Vincent, a seminarian from Uganda. Never having been before, we went to one of the several local Sun Ray Grills. The original Sun Ray Grill is located on the West Bank next to the former Meadowcrest Hospital on Belle Chasse Highway. There is another located in the Cotton Mill Apartments. We, however, went to the new Sun Ray Grill located in the old American Can Company building (see link above). I was amazed, to say the least. You can get an idea of the changes to American Can Company here and
here.

I understand that DIL2 is now into book 3 of the Harry Potter series, and is enjoying them very much. That only leaves Linda and DIL1... I need to come up with some incentives... Hmmm... Ideas, anyone?

It won't be long now until the WhoDats are back. Football season is just around the corner and everyone (at least everyone in NOLA) is hoping the Saints will be back even better than last season! Time to start dusting off your fan regalia, the lines are already long at The Black and Gold Sports Shop in Metairie!

May God be with you today and every day!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Thank you Dad, you are too sweet.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Nice wallpaper, is it football season already? Gotta go dust off my black and gold jersey!!!