September 4, 2007

AM I AN IDIOT, OR WHAT?

It was a nice, long, three-day weekend. Saturday was super stressful because Linda and I went out to look at new cars, something she REALLY hates doing. We found something we liked, but I wanted so many bells and whistles that I priced it out of our range for the time being. Oh, well. C'est la vie. We ran into Ricky Todd at the dealership and met him and his GF, Kathy, for dinner at TX Roadkill. After dinner I hooked up with H2, CM (Columbian Mafioso, aka Miguel, our house guest/tenant) and Ian and went to see the new Jet Li movie, "War". Not bad for a show that got 1/2 star out of 5. I actually enjoyed it until the very end. I didn't really care for the "plot twist" that it ended on.

Sunday H2, Major Dad and some friends ("Frank the Tank" for one) and I went for a ride to Oak Alley Plantation, then back to Serrano's to meet up with the rest of the family for dinner. It was a good time, with beautiful weather the whole trip until we arrived back in NOLA. BB was entertaining, as usual, Ian is SO trying to be a part of the grownups, and is just missing the mark. He's a trip. Molly McP was totally cute in a green dress, green bow in her red hair, and little white Mary Janes.

Monday H2, FTT, C&V (Carl and Val) and I headed out to The Shed for some awesome BBQ. Now remember, this place is almost in Alabama. At least two people asked me if I had checked to see if they were open on a holiday. I reasoned that hey, if they are open 7 days a week, they certainly won't close for a holiday with the possible exception of Christmas and Thanksgiving. So we trucked on out, only to find out that they are ALWAYS closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Am I an idiot, or what? Still, it was a nice ride to the place, and we saw a lot of what remains of the aftermath of the Big K along the coast.

I hear the car pulling up in front, which means that Linda is home. Guess I'll wrap this up for now. Take care and God bless!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a BBQ sandwich at the Banner Elk Cafe last evening. The cafe is located in Banner Elk, NC. What a wonderful place! Not sure if I'm coming back to NOLA!

Big J

Hannah said...

That is what you get for trying to go the Shed without us.

H1 said...

I felt bad hearing you guys got POURED on, so today I rode to work. Knowing full well I would probably get soaked. Made it there dry, poured all day, then rode home, dry. I walked inside to grab the tire gauge, walked out the door, and the sky opened up.

But hey, I tried to feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

The bad thing is...I have been turned into such "The Herrick" that I actually told you to call first so the ride wouldn't be for nothing!!! I need to hang out with Hannah more just to get the insanity back in my blood.