January 19, 2008

THE ANGINA MONOLOGUE*

*'cause although I'm against the physical and emotional abuse of women, still the vulgarity that is part of TVM gives me such heartburn!!!

New Orleans is once again playing host to a production of "The Vagina Monologues". I'm thinking about buying a ticket and going, just so I can walk through a big vagina. Would that be like being born again? I guess only if I was walking out of it.

After going to the doctor, Linda is feeling better, so Byblos is back on. Sorry about that MD/DLG. I can almost taste the chicken swarma... or the lamb platter... or the ribeye... or... or... so many choices, so little time!

We had an armed robbery near a local bar about 2 blocks from the house. A couple was held up at gunpoint, then after handing over their money, the guy was shot in the butt! Now there are flyers on all the homes asking for more people to sign up for the neighborhood watch program. It seems like a good idea. There's no way the police can be everywhere, and when something like this happens in a neighborhood where it's the exception rather than the rule... well, the only way I can see to help cut down on crime is if the communities start to look out for themselves more and report suspicious activity so the police will be more alert in areas such as ours.

Switching gears, do you ever find yourself feeling a bit overwhelmed with life? Perhaps you're trying to begin, to establish, or to improve your prayer life or relationship with God? If you'd like to try something new, may I suggest Lectio Divina? This short intro, in any event, offers some good information if prayer is a part of your "play book for life".

I had a talk with Fr. Billy today. He was pastor of a local parish for several years. He's very active, guiding the parish in the building of a beautiful new church. After the church was built, through the infinite (and often obscure) wisdom of the Archdiocese he was transferred to LaPlace, LA.

When I first met Fr. Billy he was riding an 850cc Yamaha motorcycle and chomping at the bit to get something larger. I won't say it's been awhile since I've seen him, but I found out that he bought a Honday VTX 1300 which he rode for about 3 years while in LaPlace, but he now owns a 2007 Honda Gold Wing, fully loaded with GPS, Stereo, heated grips, fog lamps. He's had it for about a year. Don't let the green cast to my skin tone fool you! I'm not jealous. Nope. Not me!!

It looks like I'll be heading to Huntsville, AL, in late February for some training. I'm hoping to take Linda along. She can use a vacation and I can use the company. I think it would be really have her with me. After all the years of traveling alone and leaving her with the kids, it will be nice if she is able to come with me.

For those of you who know Fr. John, he is doing well, but was not quite yet up to going on his annual skiing vacation with friends, so he took the time off to get away and have some quiet time away from the parish. We hope he continues to improve and is soon back to his old self!

If there are any other "old timers" out there, I received this EXCELLENT link from my deacon friend Richard. I pass it along to you, my beloved readers. Enjoy! And for those of you who are too young to remember, listen to some of these old songs and perhaps you'll now understand why I am the way I am. I've got the music in me!!

Have you noticed the new, hi-tech signs along the highways? They're bright and colorful and clear and distracting as heck!! I'm surprised they haven't caused any accidents yet as drivers try to watch them change from one ad to another.

I guess I've allowed my digital diarrhea to go on long enough. I am outta here!! Take care and God bless!!!

1 comment:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

With regards to the robbery,you forgot to mention one of the robbers was reported to be wearing a "Nancy Sinatra" wig! Even our robbers have a style all their own in New Orleans!!!