5em
Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

February 26, 2008

ALABAMABABBLE

"Hello", from Huntsville, Alabama!! Yesterday the temps were in the 70s. Today it was 40 degrees when we got out of class at 4:30PM, and it's supposed to be 28 degrees in the morning! Brrrrrrrr!

The drive to here on Sunday was peaceful. I wasn't in any rush, so I rarely went over 70mph, and never over 75. As a result I averaged about 27 1/2 to 28 mpg, and made it the entire 440+ miles on ONE tank of gas! It's a good thing, too, because regular here is $3.20!

I'm attending a class in Information Resource Management at the Defense Acquisition University facility here in Huntsville. So far it's been a really interesting and fun class. There is very little instruction time. Basically each morning and afternoon begins with a SHORT lecture, usually 1/2 hour or less, followed by a graded exercise done by groups. There are five groups, each with 6 people. Each exercise ends with a brief being presented by one of the group members, so there are 6 graded exercises. Our group is going sequentially around our table, so I will be presenting the final brief on Thursday morning. After that it's mainly coasting through two more sessions, this time mainly lecture and Q&A. I hope to hit the road back to NOLA by 1PM on Friday.

Thankfully, I guess, we get reading assigments every evening, so I'm missing out on most of the election campaigning coverage. I have to confess, I am pretty cynical when it comes to politics and politicians. This year is no different. I think none of the candidates inspire much confidence and they all inspire indifference for me. It's going to be difficult trying to exercise my right to vote come November.

I hope everyone is getting over the bug that's been circulating in the NOLA area. Apparently it's pretty rampant here in Northern Alabama, as well. Let's hope I don't recatch it here and bring it back home!

Wondering how H1/DIL1 are doing with their house hunting? I'm sure looking forward to a housewarming party.

I'd better get back to studying. Take care. God bless!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Triple-D!

Janet and I leave in the a.m. to drive to NC to close on the new home. Skiing next winter?

Regards,

Big J

7:14 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Miss you pops! Hope your reading is at least interesting. Looking forward to seeing you Friday.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Work, work, work. We hate it!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home