February 26, 2008

ALABAMABABBLE

"Hello", from Huntsville, Alabama!! Yesterday the temps were in the 70s. Today it was 40 degrees when we got out of class at 4:30PM, and it's supposed to be 28 degrees in the morning! Brrrrrrrr!

The drive to here on Sunday was peaceful. I wasn't in any rush, so I rarely went over 70mph, and never over 75. As a result I averaged about 27 1/2 to 28 mpg, and made it the entire 440+ miles on ONE tank of gas! It's a good thing, too, because regular here is $3.20!

I'm attending a class in Information Resource Management at the Defense Acquisition University facility here in Huntsville. So far it's been a really interesting and fun class. There is very little instruction time. Basically each morning and afternoon begins with a SHORT lecture, usually 1/2 hour or less, followed by a graded exercise done by groups. There are five groups, each with 6 people. Each exercise ends with a brief being presented by one of the group members, so there are 6 graded exercises. Our group is going sequentially around our table, so I will be presenting the final brief on Thursday morning. After that it's mainly coasting through two more sessions, this time mainly lecture and Q&A. I hope to hit the road back to NOLA by 1PM on Friday.

Thankfully, I guess, we get reading assigments every evening, so I'm missing out on most of the election campaigning coverage. I have to confess, I am pretty cynical when it comes to politics and politicians. This year is no different. I think none of the candidates inspire much confidence and they all inspire indifference for me. It's going to be difficult trying to exercise my right to vote come November.

I hope everyone is getting over the bug that's been circulating in the NOLA area. Apparently it's pretty rampant here in Northern Alabama, as well. Let's hope I don't recatch it here and bring it back home!

Wondering how H1/DIL1 are doing with their house hunting? I'm sure looking forward to a housewarming party.

I'd better get back to studying. Take care. God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Triple-D!

Janet and I leave in the a.m. to drive to NC to close on the new home. Skiing next winter?

Regards,

Big J

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Miss you pops! Hope your reading is at least interesting. Looking forward to seeing you Friday.

Hannah said...

Work, work, work. We hate it!