February 16, 2008

STARVE A COLD, FEED A FEVER? OR VICE VERSA?

I started having cold symptoms on Wednesday and ended up staying home Friday nursing a headache, congestion and overall "blah-ness". Linda has me taking Cipro to see if it's viral or not. Actually I'm starting to feel a little better, but after sleeping most of the day I'm now up in the middle of the night.

Our trip to Dallas for Tim and Kristen's wedding is coming up quickly. We're all really looking forward to it with great anticipation. H1/DIL1 will get to meet my extended family once again, and it'll be the first time for H2/H2GF and KenEllie to meet everyone! Not to mention Texas de Brazil!!!

Did I mention that Big J is in the process of buying his and Janet's retirement home? It's a beautiful split level in the mountains of North Carolina. I saw the pictures he took, and the view from either of his TWO deck/porches is breathtaking! I'm green with envy! I surely do miss the mountains, it being so flat here in New Orleans!

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am getting interested in the presidential campaigns? I can't get excited over any of the candidates, although I have some strong feelings against at least one of them. I don't see any clearly good choice among the front runners, nor those that have dropped out, for that matter.

And speaking of nuns, does anyone besides me wonder what in HOLY HELL our Congress is doing holding hearings on the use of performance enhancing drugs in sports? Hello???? What does that have to do with running the country? Improving the economy? Wiping out homelessness and unemployment, crime, winning or at least ending the war? Give me a freakin' break, people!!! Why are yours and my tax dollars being WASTED on whether or not people who play games for a living are trying to kill themselves by using illegal substances? It makes me wonder just how much other trivial BS they are wasting $$ on.

I wonder if I should be working a little harder at Lenten sacrifice? Foregoing meat on Friday is not that big a deal, especially in New Orleans. Although I'm not overly fond of fish, I do like tuna fish sandwiches, fried catfish, and shrimp and crawfish. And, there's always cheese pizza or baked macaroni (that's macaroni and cheese for you yankees!!). I do try to at least mentally acknowledge the fact that I choose to not eat meat in observance of Lent. I guess that counts.

How's everyone else's Lenten resolutions? Anyone care to share?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hope you feel better soon!

And have no doubt, the gubment is wasting all our money. All of it!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I can't believe you're going to Texas D B without us. Wahhhh!