May 4, 2008

Gee, but it's great to be back home... again...

Linda and I made it back from Huntsville yesterday evening around 6PM. The weather forecast had been for what looked to be a pretty lousy, stormy drive home, but we apparently timed it so that everything had passed by before we came through. The drive started out cloudy, but as the day wore on it became beautiful and sunny the whole way! It was pretty near perfect.

The trip was a success. I passed the course so I can now apply for certification at IT Acquisition Level 3, which will hopefully help me a great deal in my new job.

Today Linda is watching little Molly-kins while Ian is watching BB and Conner at Conner's house, and the grownups are all at Jazz Fest. It's sunny and HOT!! I hope they drink lots of water and stay reasonably cool.

Next Saturday we're gonna have a crawfish boil to celebrate both Mother's Day and DLG's birthday, both of which occur on Sunday. Just a little family get together. Wish H1/DIL1 could be there! Fr. John is coming!!

We saw Baby Mama on Friday. That's the movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, both of Saturday Night Live fame. It was cute, not uproariously funny, but it had its moments. I'd say it's a good movie to see, but maybe wait for the dvd.

That's about it. I gotta run to work for a bit to catch up for what I missed doing last week.

Take care! God bless! (He ALWAYS does :-))

3 comments:

H1 said...

Nice of you to start this post at 4:20. Ha ha ha. I wish we could be there too next weekend. I'm glad you both enjoyed your trip and made it home safe. Me miss and love you all tons and can't wait for our next visit.

-ChiaSon

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Glad you're back! Can't wait for crawfish...mmmmm!!

Hannah said...

"little family get together" ...

HAHA! When we all get together, aint nothing little about it ... there are just too many of us!! Miss you all and we really wish we could be there too!!