May 14, 2008

PRICELESS!!

It was really a great weekend. H1/DIL1 told everyone that they would not be able to make it back to NOLA for DLG’s birthday, since H1 was starting his new job that week. I, however, knew that they WERE coming in, so we planned to have them stop at Serrano’s restaurant in Clearview Mall when they got to NOLA on Friday and get a table for the entire family. Then I told everyone that since I was boiling crawfish for DLG’s birthday on Saturday, I wanted to do a family dinner at Serrano’s on Friday for Linda for Mother’s Day. And, just to really hammer it home, I even commented on the blog how we were going to miss having H1/DIL1 at dinner!

So-o-o-o. It came off without a hitch! H1/DIL1 were waiting when we arrived. The look on everyone’s face was priceless. Eat your heart out, MasterCard. Hah!

Saturday evening we had an excellent crawfish boil. They were a nice size, and slid right out of the shell. Lots of potatoes, mushrooms, sausage and corn to round it out. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!!

Sunday Linda and I went to Mass at St. Louis Cathedral where I served as one of the deacons. It was a lovely Pentecost service. After Mass we all met at Eastern restaurant for a final Mother’s Day dinner before H1/DIL1 hit the road for H-town.

The weather, as you probably noticed, was beautiful all weekend. We just couldn’t have asked for a nicer family get together weekend.

Now we’re looking ahead to Father’s Day/H2’s birthday in June. Hmmmmm. What surprises can I cook up between now and then?

3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

It was a most excellent weekend!!

Louisiana Rose said...

It was fantastic!! And I was truly surprised!

Hannah said...

Tee-hee. :))

And if it's Father's Day, aren't others to be doing the cooking?