June 14, 2008

THE WEEKEND PAST

I've just completed the 3rd Saturday class of 5 for my Liturgy and Sacraments course at Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Now I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for my ride. Isn't wi-fi a wonderful thing?

The preceding paragraph was written last Saturday. It is now Monday afternoon. What a busy weekend!! Saturday was class all day, then dinner in the evening with Fr. John. We went to a place near the lakefront in Metairie called Mr. Ed's. It's an Italian/seafood restaurant snuggled into a residential neighborhood. The service was very good, as was the food. Linda and Fr. John each had pannéed trout, while I tried the veal parmegian. We started off with fried eggplant and fried mushrooms as appetizers. Both were excellent!

Sunday, after Mass those who were available went to Outback for a MOST pleasant Father's Day dinner. H1/DIL1 and KenEllie joined Linda and I. While at the restaurant they presented me with some beautiful cards and gifts, which I will treasure! Sadly, H1/DIL1 had to return to Houston immediately after dinner, but they arrived safe and sound, and the visit was wonderful, albeit short.

Major Dad, DLG and the kids left early Saturday for Walt Disney World and a much needed (and well-deserved) vacation. I hope they have a great time! We miss them already.

H2/H2GF had to work Sunday so weren't in attendance for dinner. Still, we didn't even talk bad about them, which is really uncharacteristic for us. Usually those "in absentia" are open targets at family gatherings.

When I got home from dinner I was told to check the garage (new, big, automatic door, very nice!!). Inside was a new air compressor with a big blue bow on it! It'll really come in handy for inflating tires that tend to get soft every now and again. Thanks, guys (that's a non-gender specific "guys", by the way).

Sunday night H2/H2GF went to see "The Happening" by M Night Shyamalan. It got grave reviews. I guess we'll be skipping that one.

We're hoping to nail down the dates for our 2009 family get together so that those who need to can put in for the time off early. I think S2 is in charge, so I defer to her. The only glitch is working around my class schedule. I'll be checking to see what kind of break there is between the two summer sessions and maybe we can plan the trip around that. I hope we're able to pull it off, as many of the NOLA folks are really excited about getting together with the rest of the clan!!

That's about it for now. I'm pretty much drained of anything new and interesting. Wishing you all the best. God's blessings be yours!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, make sure and get the dates to me when you know them for June 2009.
June 21-27 are the dates for now. Can't really make any reservations for flights or hotel yet, so we have time. We will go, though!!