October 6, 2008

I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!

Will it never end?!?!? This will probably turn out to be the worst week of my post-graduate career to date. I have a week's worth of reading assigments for BOTH classes, plus required postings to the academic "blackboard" for BOTH classes, plus a take-home essay due Saturday, PLUS preparing for a 50-minute "expository presentation" (read "lecture")on one of the assigned readings that I have to present, also on Saturday.

No big deal, right? That's what evenings are for, right? Sure, along with hosting a dinner for a visiting African bishop on Monday, interviewing a couple who have applied to the diaconate on Wednesday, wedding rehearsal on Thursday, and the wedding itself on Friday. Let's see... that leaves TUESDAY!!! Why do I still have hair?!?!?

The other day, during a meeting of leaders of various religious communities at an ecumenical conference here, a few of the attendees decided after a rather lengthy and somewhat contentious afternoon session, to carry on their discussion at a local establishment down in the Quarter. Three of them, as it happened, a priest, a rabbi, and a protestant minister, walked in and went straight to the bar to order some refreshments. The bartender, glancing up, looked at all three and finally said, "What is this? Some kind of joke?"

OK. I stop now. God bless!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That's a pretty good joke. And keep your head up, if anyone can do it - it is you!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

How is stalker always first? I don't think she has a job...

Good joke! I don't know what to tell you about the studies :(

H1 said...

All I can really say is "Good luck Chia. I know you can do it."