5em
Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

October 5, 2009

ANOTHER HAPPY MONDAY

SAINTS are 4 - 0 and Tigers are 5 - 0!!

Made it through all 3 masses without any tomatoes or eggs being tossed at me!

Got this from my friend "Meatball". I might have to use it in a homily some day:
One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.


“One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

A good question to ask ourselves every day. Which are we feeding?

God Bless!!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

1 Comments:

Blogger Stalker v1.5 said...

I know the one I USED to feed. I only give that side scraps now ... I don't want it to die off, I need it ... I just need it to be a bit more subdued. haha

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home