May 26, 2010

HAS SENILITY STRUCK?!?

We (Linda and I) leave for Houston the day after tomorrow, off to scope out H1/DIL1's new home.  We thought it would be a nice change for Ian, after school and all his leg issues, to maybe get away for a weekend, so we invited him along for the trip.  Long story short, Ian is staying home to wallow in the precious silence of a house free from little sisters, while Grandpa and Grandma are taking BB and Molly-moo to Houston.  BB, who is seven (I think... might be eight... Hey, I'm OLD, OK?!?!) and MM who is three, which is just an extension and amplification of the "terrible twos".  Are we NUTS?

Hopefully all will go well.  Both girls dearly love Aunt Hannah, and then there's Molly's "MY Michael!", so the girls are all excited about going.  If we can just get through the six hours in the car part on each end of the trip I think we'll do OK.  At the very least, there should be some bloggable moments in the near future!

I can't remember if I posted that we are getting a new priest at our parish, and I'm too lazy to check.  So... We're getting a new priest at our parish!!  Fr. Michael, who grew up in Wisconsin, but has been in NOLA for most of his priestly life (since 1974 or thereabouts) takes over the reins on July 1st. 

Linda and I went to Mass at Fr. Michael's parish two weekends ago to watch him in action, and to introduce ourselves.  Turns out he's a former biker, and already new that I ride.  He expressed a desire to rekindle his passion for the open roads once he gets to Holy Name of Mary.  I can hardly wait to drag him out to The Shed!!!

I would like to ask for prayers, especially through the intercession of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, for my good friend and brother deacon, Paul.  He is at MD Anderson after having been diagnosed, for the third time, with thyroid cancer.  Thanks, in advance.

Wishing everyone a happy, and safe Memorial Day weekend!  God bless!!

4 comments:

Major Dad said...

9 you senile old man!!! She's nine!!!!

Major Dad said...

But then again, I'm half your age and forgot my youngest was old enough to go to school...maybe I'm senile too...where did I put my teeth!!!

H1 said...

Looking forward to the trip and seeing everyone. P+J+I: Enjoy your quiet weekend of freedom. We'll try to return them in one piece. (Okay, two pieces technically.)

Hannah said...

GIMME DEM BABIES!! I caint wait to spoil the living sh ... well, you know.