Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

July 23, 2010

¿Habla usted español ?

The wedding day is drawing nearer! Tonight is the rehearsal, and then tomorrow afternoon, the wedding. So far no MAJOR glitches have been encountered.

We left NOLA for Del Rio, TX at 6:30 AM Wednesday, arriving at our destinatino at 6:30 PM. H1/DIL1, traveling with MD/DLG and family left Houston just as we were passing through, but a late lunch stop had them arrive about an hour after us.

T and A (don't EVEN go there), Sisters S2 and S3, and very good friends B&H and their daughter K were already in Del Rio and, of course, H2 and H2F had arrived last Friday so as to take care of last minute details (e.g., the marriage license!!).
Yesterday, we all went on a shopping excursion to Acuña, Mexico.  The sun was brutal and, with the exception of the restaurant we stopped at for lunch, the shops were hot and not air conditioned.  They had fans blowing which at least moved the air until an unexpected power outage left them in the dark.  Still the group had a good time and bought many souvenirs.  We had a wonderful lunch at Manuel's restaurant where they accomodated all 18 of us with no trouble.  While enjoying a leisurely dinner, we were entertained by a troubador, who played a guitar and sang songs in Spanish. 

In the early evening my brother and his girlfriend, Big Boy and his wife Brittney, Brett, and SIL-O and family arrived.  Shortly after, MD/DLG, S2/S3, H1/DIL1, Bro/BroGF, B&H, and Linda and I went to a place called Rudy's for some pretty darned good BBQ and a lot of socializng and catching up, which eventually continued back at the motel in the lobby.  As mid-night neared, KenEllie arrived, settled into their room, then joined the group until about 1 AM, when we all retired for (what was left of) the night.
Several of the younger members of the group, (BigBoy/BBWB, Brett, T&A (I said, don't even go there!!!), H2F's brother along with H2, went to a local establishment to "toast" the groom into the wee hours of the morning.  I can hardly wait to see what kind of shape they are in today!!

Looking forward to the arrival, today, of three nephews, niece, a niece-in-law, C & V, UncleM/AuntB, and Miguel to round out those coming for the groom (H2).  Also, a trip to a local winery and another trip into Acuña are on the agenda.  This afternoon I,with H2/H2F, will meet with the priest, then we will have the wedding rehearsal, and finish with dinner for everyone at the Ramada Inn.  It looks like another busy day.

Should have some pictures up on Fb soon, so check it out!!  Please pray for our soon-to-be married couple and everyone who travelled here for the wedding.  We pray for a joyous wedding, and safe trip home for everyone.

More to come... stay tuned!!

Labels: , ,

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Post a Comment

<< Home