November 22, 2010

THANKS GIVING

Since this Thursday is Thanksgiving, I want to share with you all just some of what I am thankful for.

1.  A loving and forgiving God, who sent his Son to redeem us, in spite of our sinfulness and unwillingness or inability to change.
2.  A loving wife, mother, and best friend.  The person who completes me, and without whom I would never have known what true happiness is.  Thank you, sweetheart.  I love you!
3.  Children and grandchildren who are kind, generous, and loving.
4.  Children-in-law who love my kids, and complement (as opposed to compliment) them in so many ways.
5.  My siblings, siblings-in-law, nephews, nieces, their spouses and children.  As wild, wacky, and crazy as we are, I would not trade my family for anyone or anything!!  What can I say, we are just FUN to be around!!!
6.  Good friends and co-workers, both present and past (Miss ya, Big J!!).
7.  The opportunity to serve my brothers and sisters in Christ through the Church as a deacon.
8.  My mom and dad who taught me about love, and honor, and courage, and responsibility.  I miss them.
9.  Days that are sunny and warm, and perfect for riding motorcycles.
10.  Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention The Shed, Texas de  Brazil, Casa Garcia, Central American Restaurant, etc...  I love me some grits!!!

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Bring on the BIRD!!!  And STUFFING!!!

2 comments:

Louisiana Rose said...

Ditto! We are truly blessed.

Hannah said...

Gonna miss you all at turkey day!!