5em
Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

November 22, 2010

THANKS GIVING

Since this Thursday is Thanksgiving, I want to share with you all just some of what I am thankful for.

1.  A loving and forgiving God, who sent his Son to redeem us, in spite of our sinfulness and unwillingness or inability to change.
2.  A loving wife, mother, and best friend.  The person who completes me, and without whom I would never have known what true happiness is.  Thank you, sweetheart.  I love you!
3.  Children and grandchildren who are kind, generous, and loving.
4.  Children-in-law who love my kids, and complement (as opposed to compliment) them in so many ways.
5.  My siblings, siblings-in-law, nephews, nieces, their spouses and children.  As wild, wacky, and crazy as we are, I would not trade my family for anyone or anything!!  What can I say, we are just FUN to be around!!!
6.  Good friends and co-workers, both present and past (Miss ya, Big J!!).
7.  The opportunity to serve my brothers and sisters in Christ through the Church as a deacon.
8.  My mom and dad who taught me about love, and honor, and courage, and responsibility.  I miss them.
9.  Days that are sunny and warm, and perfect for riding motorcycles.
10.  Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention The Shed, Texas de  Brazil, Casa Garcia, Central American Restaurant, etc...  I love me some grits!!!

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Bring on the BIRD!!!  And STUFFING!!!

Labels: ,

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Ditto! We are truly blessed.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Gonna miss you all at turkey day!!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home