April 15, 2011

A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT

April is trucking along quickly, although it didn’t get off to the greatest start I could have hoped for.  On April 1st I managed to “total” my Honda Shadow (VT1100), only recently purchased from Major Dad, while on the way to work.  Although I wasn’t wearing gloves, I did have a jacket on or the damage to my arms would have been much worse than it is.  My knuckles and elbows on both hands and arms took a pretty good beating.  The bruise on my backside is HUGE (but, then, so is said backside!)!! 

April is also my month for jury duty at Orleans Parish Criminal Court.  This involves going twice a week (either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday) to sit in a jury pool, waiting to be called up to one of 12 courts as a prospective juror  for a trial.  So far I have not been chosen, although I was called to a courtroom once.

Next Thursday (Holy Thursday) is looking to be a busy day.  If my Honda Valkyrie (GL1500) gets out of the shop in time I plan to go with H2 on a ride to Mississippi with a group of his police officer friends.  It’ll be a good ride and a good time to get “back in the saddle” after the accident.

The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (Jazz Fest) is right around the corner.  It got me to thinking that the last time I went to Jazz Fest DLG was pregnant with the grandson who is graduating from high school next month!!! Wow!! Guess I’m a huge fan of Jazz Fest, huh?..   NOT!!

This morning as Linda and I headed off to work I noticed that the temperature was 76 degrees.  This at 7AM!!  And it’s only mid-April!!  What does the summer hold in store for us?!?!

One last comment…  Stephen Colbert’s American Dream (a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream) is the BOMB!!!  Delicious!!!  Try it, you’ll like it!

No comments: