June 29, 2011

CATCHIN' UP

Well, Father's Day came and went.  The weekend was great!  It started Friday with lunch at the Westbank NOFS with H2 (Happy Birthday to you!!) and Ian, followed by a viewing of Green Lantern.  Lunch was awesome, the movie not so much.  If you haven't seen it, wait for the DVD.  It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't as good as some of the other comic-book venue films have been.


Saturday was dinner with KenEllie at China Doll, followed by Bridesmaids.  If you haven't seen Bridesmaids yet, do so at your first opportunity. It was hilarious!!  Not for kids, though!

On Sunday we went to Mass with DLG and the kids.  Then off to Centro Americano restaurant for lunch. Good food, great company!!

The weekend ended with me going to Gulfport, MS on the Valk.  I spent Sunday night in the Navy Lodge at the Seabee Center, then attended the Experienced Rider Course on Monday.  After completing (successfully, I might add) the motorcycle safety course I returned to NOLA on Monday afternoon.


Last weekend I finally got my act together and hooked up Linda's flatscreen TV in the front room by the treadmill.  After she tried it out the first time I asked her what she watched.  She replied, "Cake Boss".  Is that like the rabbit used to encourage the greyhounds at the racetrack? 

This Friday Linda and I are heading to San Antonio and Del Rio and Acuña for the 4th of July weekend.  We're going to spend a couple of days in SA with family, down from New York and Dallas. We've never been to the San Antonio Riverwalk, or to the Alamo.  It should be a blast! A possible added bonus would be Texas de Brazil (perhaps my favorite restaurant of all time!!) for our anniversary dinner together. Then it's on to Del Rio and from there we hope to spend at least one day in Acuña for some shopping and sightseeing.  And maybe a couple of cervezas, too!!

Happy 4th of July to all!!!

2 comments:

BigJ said...

Stay thirsty my friend!

Sara Aimee said...

Wish I was there with you all!! Have a great time!