August 14, 2011

POSTPOURRI

I am humbled.  I work with people whose faith is so much deeper and stronger and richer than my own.  While I struggle with my relationship with God, I have a friend who gets to see his guardian angel. And not only that, but the guardian angels for his whole family, and for his wife's family as well.  It's a long, but beautiful story, and I hope that someday he will share it with everyone.  Meanwhile, my poor guardian angels are working overtime, and I'm keeping them busy, for sure!! 

This past month was a stressful one.  My place of employment had to "cut back" on the project I'm assigned to, which meant that 20 people would be let go.  Although the life of a contractor is a precarious one at best, still it was hard to watch people who I've worked with for the past year, or more, and who I've come to regard as my friends, as well as coworkers, have their lives thrown into such turmoil!  A few were able to find work on other projects, but most are out in the job hunt.  What makes this doubly hard for them is that anther project had shut down only two - three months earlier, putting a large group of people with similar skills into the job market ahead of our people. It is especially painful when it is a result of misdirection, mismanagement, poor planning and government bureaucracy that is at the root of the problem.

Several of my deacon brothers have gone on to their eternal reward in the past several weeks.  Please pray with me that our Lord greets them with, "Welcome, good and faithful servant."  They were all good and holy men.  They will be missed.  Pray also for their families in their time of sorrow.

St. Maximillian Kolbe pray for us! 

2 comments:

BigJ said...

Sorry to hear about more layoffs. I guess the gold old days are over at the Lakefront. Best wishes!

BigJ said...

I meant "good" old days, but I guess "gold" would be true too.