October 21, 2011

GOLDEN OLDIE MY A**

October has been a pretty special month this year, so far.  H2/H2FGNW took a 10-day trip to Del Rio to see her family.  They invited Linda and I to come also, since it was over a three-day weekend.  We decided to extend our trip also, so we went to Del Rio for 4 days, then returned to Houston for another 4 days to visit with H1/DIL1.  Let me just say that both legs of the trip were wonderful.  The weather was great and we certainly couldn't have asked for better company.

Now that we're home again, and back to the "old grind" I'm already looking forward to Christmas, when the whole family will be together once again.  Although I knew how good I had it before, well, you know... what with the entire family living within a 4-mile area, that point has been driven home many times over, now that we have family displace (permanently) to Houston, and some living in Kenner which, while in the "greater New Orleans area", is still a 20-30 minute drive on a good day.

I have to ask, do the political candidate debates frustrate you as much as they do me?  I don't watch them, and I don't like to hear about them during news broadcasts.  It just seems totally ludicrous to me that we are supposed to take seriously a group of people who get up on stage and hurl darts at one another for months on end, sometimes with great acrimony, only to turn around once a candidate has been selected and tell us how great that person is, and what a wonderful choice he/she is and how we should definitely vote for that person.  REALLY?!?!

Let me take a moment to ask for prayers for my extended family.  They are going through a crisis situation and the outcome is unclear at the moment.  Please pray for a satisfactory solution for all concerned, and know that you have my prayers and thanks in advance!

OH EM GEE, am I getting old!!!  As I write this I'm listening to the "Solid Gold Oldies" channel on cable.  Almost all the songs are from my junior high/high school years!  And I always thought oldies were what my mom and dad listened to!  Now, where DID I put that cane,again?  

Let me close by wishing Major Dad a Happy Birthday later this month, and a happy All Hallow's Eve to everyone!!  God's blessings be with you.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Don't feel too bad, I stopped on a "Classic Alternative" station and it was all my old tunes. Soon I guess I'll be in the "Antique Alternative" section. Sigh.

Great visit!