October 14, 2005

Friday, October 14th

It's 6:20AM Friday morning and I should be getting ready for work. It's been a long week for being so short (Monday holiday, sick tuesday). Have you ever noticed that since holidays have been switched to Mondays (mostly) that work weeks don't seem shorter? Something about that Friday holiday! With Monday holidays, Tuesday becomes Monday, but by the time you get to Friday it feels like a whole week.

I AM DA MAN!!! - Yesterday afternoon we were given a new desk in our suite to replace the table that was in there. Once it was installed I found the internet connection didn't work any more. Boy was I ever grumpy. I tried releasing and resetting my IP address, I tried unplugging the modem and letting it reset. I was really frustrated and admittedly getting a bit short tempered. I tried calling the front desk, but they informed me that maintenance was gone for the day (like maintenance was actually going to fix it?). Finally, in desperation I got down on the floor one more time and started looking at every connection from beginning to end. I finally figured out that the furniture installers had switched the telephone lines into the modem (DSL). Once I connected them correctly, well, you are reading the results... back up on the internet. YEAH!!!

A good friend of ours, Fr. Deo from Uganada, is in Rome at university. He is in need of encouraging prayer, so please put him on your prayer list and ask God to give him perseverence and hope. I know he will do well and look forward to seeing him again when he has completed his studies.

Got a call from Mikey last night. He's doing well in Houston. Should have cable hookup soon and will be back on line in no time. We really miss the kids.

We can hardly wait for Thanksgiving to get together again. Separation is really adding a new dimension to the holidays for us. The anticipation of being together as family, and the time limitation placed on the reunion makes each moment together that much more precious. Time... the great unknown in our lives. How much do we have? How much have we wasted thinking we have plenty? What would we do differently if we knew exactly how much (or how little) time we had left on this earth?

Maybe we could try to be more appreciative of what is most important, family, friends, people we meet in the course of our daily lives. Life is a gift from a loving God that we should share with one another abundantly, not skimpingly. With that thought, I'm off to share what I have with my coworkers.

Take care and God bless you!!!

Dean

No comments: