November 7, 2005

E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!


Just got back from Back Yard Burgers and, as the title says, it was excellent! The burgers looked and tasted as if they had just come off the grill. And to top it all off, they had COBBLER for dessert!! And, not just ANY cobbler, but, BLACKBERRY COBBLER!!! YEAH!!! Ok, so they only had one left and I let my lover-ly bride have it, but the apple was great, too. And ice cream. And now I'm happy. For awhile. Maybe.

Did I tell you that being in Memphis is s-o-o-o much like being in New Orleans, it's almost scary? I mean, we've got Bourbon St., they've got Beale St.. We've got jazz, they've got blues. They've got the King (Elvis), we've got queens coming out of the woodwork. We're millions of dollars in debt, they're millions of dollars in debt. We've got the Hornets, they've got the Grizzlies. The list goes on and on.

With friends like Linda works with, who needs enemies? Last Friday I described our recent addiction to this season's TV fare. So what does L bring home from work? Episode 1 of the TV show '24'. Six dvd's, 20 hours. And if you watch it, you're hooked! So now, along with all the TV that I'm already watching I now have 4 more dvd's of '24' to watch. Yep, four. We watched the first two yesterday. Did you ever get aggravated when you watch a show all season and the cliff hanger at the end leaves you wanting more...NOW?!?!? Well, try a cliff hanger every episode!

Guess what? B'Bee got a new hair cut. It's short and I hear that it's cute. Haven't seen it yet, though. Something else to look forward to at Thanksgiving. As if turkey and G'Pa Smith's sausage dressing isn't enough? Now I think I'm gonna bust if we don't get home soon!

Middle son went to Houston for the weekend. I'm sure they had a good time. I just spoke to him. He was stuck in traffic around Baton Rouge for two hours. I guess those displaced by Katrina are still there in big numbers. And I hear things are no better in New Orleans. The Wal-Mart parking lot on the West bank is filled, completely filled.

NOLA's loss, our gain, at least for now. A new restaurant has opened. Boudreaux's Cajun Restaurant. Apparently they evacuated and have decided to stay in Memphis. I'm looking forward to checking them out soon. A little taste of home would be really nice about now.

OK. Surface is on, sea monsters big and small, so I've got to go. Hard to focus between the PC and the TV. Until next time, take care and God bless! - Dean

No comments: