November 4, 2005

Friday, November 4th

We went out for dinner tonight with the group from work. They're turning into a surrogate for our Friday nights out with our daughter and the kids. We went to Corky's for BBQ. Not the one by our hotel, but another one in Germantown. Dinner was very good and the company was nice. Still, I miss those dinners with family.

Our grandson gets an "atta boy"! He saved our cats from being catnapped. Thanks, little Bubba! We love those cats and would really have missed them. Keep up the good work!

Last Wednesday we took our friend Gerald to dinner at Holy Spirit church. It was, as usual, really good. We had country fried steak, I think. I always get it confused with chicken fried steak. I think chicken fried has batter, but country fried doesn't. We also had country fried potatoes, mixed veggies, dinner rolls, and lime and orange sherbet for dessert.

Now on to an evening of Ghost Whisperer (light, but interesting. Doesn't anyone around her think its odd that she's always talking to herself?), Threshold, and Numbers. I've always been a TV junkie for certain shows on what ever nights I wasn't involved with diaconate or school, but here I've found programs I enjoy every night! Can you say "Couch Potato"? Sure, I knew you could! Maybe tomorrow Linda and I will walk to the mall behind us for lunch or dinner again.

Actually, since we have an exercise room here at the hotel, I think I may try watching at least one show each evening while walking on the treadmill. Maybe walk through commercials to begin, then walk through the show between commercials, then walk through the whole show, including commercials. I may as well put my obsession with mindless drivel to good use!

Before signing off, let me wish everyone the best that life has to offer, good friends, family, love, faith, and hope in life eternal. God bless you!

Dean

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Good job Ian!! How did he save the kitties?