January 10, 2006

Should I Stay Or Should I Go...

Well, H2 came and went. Arrived Saturday, went to Outback for a late supper, went out for mexican for brunch on Sunday, loaded his truck with his bedroom suite, and he left again at about 2PM. Short visit, but it was really great having him here, even for so short a time.

We're planning a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Deal's Gap, North Carolina in March, probably the 24th - 27th. Should be a really great trip, with several friends and family members going along. It's a trip I've wanted to make for a couple of years now, so I'm really looking forward to it.

It looks like my command is going to late me stay here in Memphis for another couple of months. That will keep Linda and I together for a little more time. In the meantime she's looking for another job in the New Orleans area that will bring her back home. Prayers are appreciated. So far there isn't much available.

We're definitely going home this weekend, then Linda will stay the week to attend a class in New Orleans while I return to Memphis. (Wait, isn't that backwards??) Then I'll come back the next weekend and stay through Monday because H2 brought up our mail, which contained a summons for me to serve on a grand jury. I wonder if they targeted people whose addresses were on the West Bank. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be called for jury duty every time I turn around!!

Please pray for the people of New Orleans. The rebuilding process portends to be not only long and drawn out, but painful as well. People will need to be patient with one another and abundant in their kindess to each other as well. A new year, a new beginning. Out of the ashes we hope the phoenix of a new, brighter, better New Orleans will appear.

God Bless

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Deal's Gap is going to be soooo much fun. I can't wait!!!