March 13, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity WhatEVER

Kenny and Ellie were married on Saturday, March 11th at 4PM in the courtyard by the fountain of the Royal Sonesta Hotel.  It was a very nice ceremony with family members of both the bride and groom in attendance.  Ellie’s brother, Carlos, was there and gave away the bride.

After the wedding, the entire group gathered at Pat O’Brien’s for a drink, then went on to The Gumbo Shop for a nice creole/Cajun dinner.  Since there were 14 in the group, we ended up divided into tables of six, four and four, with the second table of four across the dining room from the other two.  Linda, H2, Major Dad and I sat at that table.  All through dinner we talked to the new Mr. and Mrs. Herrick by cellphone.  It was actually pretty funny!

Later H2, Major Dad and I, along with friends Dan and Kennedy, met up with the wedding party at Razoo’s, a loud, boisterous, raucus nightclub in the Quarter.  I managed to hang for only about an hour before returning home.  From the looks of things everyone else is in for a long, long night of partying!

Later today will be a busy day.  Before we leave to go back to NOLA we have to buy two refrigerators and sign leases with two sets of tenants for the two apartments we have available.  It will be nice to finally have them rented.  They’ve been empty since the storm.

I don’t know what’s wrong with Maynard.  Rather than get excited when we get home, he kind of mopes around the house.  I think he likes Tennessee better than Louisiana!  The birds don’t seem to care one way or the other.

Well, I never got around to posting the above, so I guess I’ll just continue.  It’s Monday and we’re back in Memphis.  The temperature this morning going to work was 75°.  Tomorrow the temperature is forecast to be 39°.  Only 36° difference!

Right now the rain is coming down sideways.  I guess the cold front is passing through with a vengeance!  Should make for an interesting day, although chances of rain for the rest of the week hover around 20%.

Please keep KenEllie in your prayers as they begin their lives’ journey together.

Oh, I almost forgot…  Please pray especially for my nephew Bryan’s wife, my niece Rachel, and my daughter, all of whom are pregnant…  God’s blessings be with you all.

No comments: