April 7, 2006

Hershey Is My Favorite Chocolate*

*Has absolutely nothing to do with what follows.

Sorry it’s been so long since I last wrote. It’s been a pretty quiet week here in Memphis (except for the weather). Let’s see… Final Four action: I was sorry to see LSU lose to UCLA, but glad that UCLA lost to Florida.

H2 came to Memphis with Angelica on Monday. We went to Texas de Brazil for dinner and had a great time. I think H2 will back me up when I say that TdB is awesome (I know, I’ve said it before). He seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself, going so far as to say that he would come up twice a month so we could go to TdB. We’re just waiting for other family members to visit and share in our fine dining experience. I guess H2 will be going with H1 and DIL the next time he goes to Houston, as they have not only TdB, but also several other Brazilian restaurants, as well. Chabuca’s comes highly recommended by a coworker.

Work is still work, but I think the stress level has decreased a little since the target delivery date of our product has slipped. That’s good news for everyone working on the project. Too much stress leads to errors and rework which end up costing the project and potentially delaying it even more.

My going home date remains a total unknown. Originally I was asked to stay until the project finished to help move everyone back to NOLA. That would have been early June. Now that the project has been extended to sometime between Sep-Dec, it looks like some will go back early, some will stay, but no one has been identified yet. Will those that remain do so until the end? That, too, is a mystery. So basically I will probably return home to NOLA sometime between June and December.

Linda’s job in Millington is still going away. We’re hoping she finds another in NOLA soon, but if not, that at least she will be able to keep her old job until she’s eligible for retirement. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it all works out and we both get to come home together. To make things even more strange, my friend, Young Wade, who works on the NSIPS project has returned to New Orleans. They have relocated into the same offices that Linda and her coworkers vacated.

This has been quite a week, weatherwise. Today we’ve had several bands of strong thunderstorms going through the area, with tornadoes a constant threat. I was home (in the hotel) all day today because I wasn’t feeling well, and listened to the tornado warning sirens going off several times during the day. What a totally eerie sensation!

Although it’s nice to not be traveling this weekend, we really REALLY miss BB and Ian! They are just the sweetest kids and a joy to be around. Easter can’t come too soon for us. We’re looking forward to getting together, although the whole family won’t be there. Still, it’s one more grasp at some normal moments.

Speaking of Easter, we wish you all the best during this most Holy of holidays. May be Peace of our Lord be with you and those you love.

No comments: