April 15, 2006

Holy Week - 2006

What a beautiful Palm Sunday we have had in Memphis!! The sun shone, temperature was around 70 degrees and no wind. We went to a very nice Mass at Holy Spirit church, then on to Outback for a nice dinner. It was excellent, as always. Outback is pretty good for a chain restaurant.

Although it hasn’t been kind to my waistline, being forced to dine out so much has been a real blessing. The time I’ve spent with Linda has been wonderful, not at all like it was pre-Katrina. Linda or I would come home from work, make something for dinner, then plop down in front of the “tube” while we ate. It’s really great to sit and think and talk and just be together with few distractions.

My sister, Sara, is coming for KenEllie’s nuptial Mass!! We are SO excited. It is always the greatest of pleasures to see her. And, we will be in Pennsylvania two weeks later for the wedding of Sara’s daughter, Jen, so we get to see her AGAIN! YES!! Sara’s a pretty amazing woman. She’s a nurse who goes on church missions to Alaska. As much as I’d like to see Alaska, I’m afraid I’d rather limit it to a cruise.

It’s Holy Satuday and 5 more days since I started this entry. Wednesday we met “The Governor” from New Orleans, and his wife, for dinner. He’s really a retired NO Fire Chief, but my daughter always said he was such a neat dresser he looked like the governor. We went, of course, to Texas de Brazil! They had never been, and I think thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

After dinner we walked the two blocks to Beale Street (a smaller and much, much cleaner version of Bourbon Street) where a Wednesday Night bike night was in progress. It was very interesting to see all the motorcycles lining both sides of the street as we wandered up and down a three-block area of restaurants, bars and such. There was even a motocross jump demonstration set up so we watched some motorcycle acrobatics. It was really exciting to watch, as these young riders shot high up into the air, then did various acrobatics before landing on the down ramp.

Job update… No change for Linda, still job hunting to get back in NOLA, with a few possibilities in the works. As for me, as our project delivery date has moved way to the right, the plan is to bring everyone home in June, so I asked my boss for a firm date commitment. As of today (subject to change, as we are SO well aware) I am scheduled to return to New Orleans on June 2nd. We’ll see. A lot depends on whether our work spaces currently being renovated are really ready to go by the end of May.

Please keep Linda and her job situation in your prayers. It would be really nice to bring her home with me! Also, continue to pray for Chloe, the baby with Leukemia.

We wish you all an over-abundance of God’s blessings during this Holiest of Seasons. Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: