April 17, 2006

Ren and Gimpy

Gosh, it’s great to be back at work on a balmy Monday! The sun is shining, the air is sweet with the smell of freshly cut grass, flowering dogwoods and azaleas. It is absolutely beautiful outside. I’m SO glad to be inside, in a cubicle, away from any windows, sitting at my computer. No sun block needed for me, no sir!!

Easter weekend was terrific! Linda and I drove to New Orleans on Friday, after work. We arrived around 10:30PM, had a late night dinner of cheese pizza (Thanks, H2!!) and then called it a day.

Saturday was laundry day. Two weeks worth of Memphis laundry buildup occupied my time, while Linda tried, in vain, to pick up the license plate sticker for our car. For being the only title place open on the West Bank, the place does NOT have its act together.

We got together as a family for dinner at 5PM at China Doll Restaurant, one of the BEST Chinese restaurants anywhere. Then most of us went to 8PM Easter Vigil Mass, which was lovely. It begins with the blessing and lighting of the Easter candle, then a procession into the church in total darkness, except for the Easter candle, and the congregation has small candles that are lit from the lighted Easter candle, as well.

After the entrance processions, yours truly sang the Exultet, a cappella mind you. It is a good 7 ½ to 8 minutes long. Talk about “dry mouth”!! I think it went pretty well. Several people commented that it was good, one person adding that it was “a VAST improvement from last year.” I said, “Wait, I think I did it last year.” To which she replied, “And this year was a VAST improvement!” So, I think it was a compliment, sort of. Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Easter Sunday we had dinner again as family, this time at Patti and Jerrod’s house. It was wonderful, the food was delicious, and everyone had a great time.

Last week, BB tripped while she and Ian were running down the sidewalk and apparently cracked a bone in her ankle. This weekend she was cute in a floral dress, cast, and little crutches. At her age I think the cast got more of a workout than the crutches. Pray for a speedy mending for both her and Patti!

Wishing you all the best of health, love, life. May God’s blessings be on you this Easter week and beyond.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I want pictures of B-Bee on crutches (she is starting out early in her tom-boy transformation!).

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Always nice to see you guys - thanks for the Easter leftovers!!!Mmmmm.....ham!!!