May 25, 2006

A City Girl Can Survive...

I’ve got to say, Linda really, REALLY loves me. For years and years I’ve not been allowed to listen to country music in the house when she was home. Tuesday night she sat through THREE HOURS of the Academy of Country Music Awards!! Wow! Now THAT is true love and devotion.

Can you say “Victory Kingpin”? Just wondering. H1 can. Check your “myspace”, dude!

It’s been into the 90s for the last couple of days. Hot, hot, HOT! Whew! It’s like walking into a furnace when I leave work every day. I have to keep a sweater at work because the building stays so cold, which only makes it seem more hot outside.

It ain’t a good idea to play “chicken” with Memphis cops during a drug bust. During a raid on a suspected drug dealer a young man held a gun at police officers. When they told him to put it down he refused, so one of the deputies shot him in the stomach. Next time maybe try “Simon Says”?

For all you folks going to The Shed this weekend, “AAaaaarrrrrghhhhhh!!!””, I wish I was going with you. Anyway, be safe, have a great time, and take some pictures. Mom and I will see you next weekend.

Mayor Willie Herrington of Memphis just survived an unsuccessful recall attempt. Now he’s announced that he’s going to get into the ring with “Smokin” Joe Frazier! That’s right. Both are in their 60s. Willie was a Golden Gloves champ in his youth. It’s a fundraiser to benefit the mayor’s alma mater. Still… Golden Gloves or not, Smokin Joe was a PRO! Hizzonner may get a recall yet, when he recalls what it’s like to hit the canvas!!

Countdown to NOLA… Three weeks from tomorrow!! It’ll be good to be home, but not so good to be home, alone. I guess I’ll be getting a taste of what Linda went through while I was on deployments, but I don’t have a houseful of kids to tend to. I’ve got to give her credit for all those times she was mom AND dad to the kids. Looking at how they all turned out, she did a great job!

Only five weeks to go until Kenellie’s church wedding. It should be really beautiful, and interesting, as well, as the traditional Catholic ceremony is enhanced with some Hispanic wedding traditions. I’m think I’m looking forward to it almost as much as Ken and Ellie!!

Finally, is anyone coming to Memphis soon? I need an excuse to go to Texas de Brazil again! Mike? Hannah? Kenny? Ellie? Anybody?

Let me close be saying, “God is Great! God is Good! Let us thank him for our Brood!!!” We love you guys, lots and lots. Take care. See you all soon!

No comments: