August 31, 2006

Bye Bye Miss (or Mister) American Pie

Listening to the radio on the way to work this morning I heard a song that cracked me up. It’s called “TheOKgoawayParisHiltonApparatus” and can be found at http://www.purevolume.com/theokgoawayparishiltonapparatus. Gives me an idea! We should make a list of celebs who, for whatever reason, we’d like to see just go away. What do you think? I’ll start. I’m SO sick of the whole TomKat and Branjelina thing. Those two couples are more than welcome to disappear from theaters, tv, tabloids, etc.! Really!! Enough already!! If you have a favorite someone, just leave a comment telling who it is.

While driving down Veterans Blvd. today a car with Texas plates inched his way into the intersection as the light was turning red, effectively blocking the cross traffic. Why am I constantly being confronted by IDIOTS????? I’m keeping my eye out at the toll booths for that one!

H2 is on his way back from Houston. He should be arriving in ½ hour or so, when I’ll leave work and go meet him for supper at Carreta’s Mexican restaurant. It’ll be great to see him again, if ever so briefly. I leave for Memphis from work tomorrow.

We finally have several days of good weather strung together. It looks like a nice weekend. It’s definitely a nice weekend to get out of town. The Decadence Festival is in full swing again this weekend. NICE. I’m all for letting your hair down a bit, but this festival is just a little (ok, a lot) overboard.

Welcome Kylee Ann Herrick to the family!! My nephew Bryan’s wife Bethany gave birth to a lovely daughter two days ago! Bryan’s sister Rachel should be next, then Patti will deliver Molly Grace on September 25th. This is my brother Bill’s first grandchild, and he is understandably bursting his buttons with pride!! Congrats, Bro’!!

Getting ready for the five-year anniversary of 9/11. I wonder what kind of specials the networks have planned.

And what about this FLDS (Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) guy, Warren Jeffs? 40 wives? Is he INSANE??? By the way, the FLDS is not affiliated with the LDS folks.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!!! God bless you!!

No comments: