August 5, 2006

NASCAR!!! REDNECKS!!! BELLY LAUGHS!!!

Talladega Nights – The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Go see it! It was hysterical! I don’t remember when the last time I laughed out loud in a movie theater, and last night it was several times throughout! Even if you aren’t a Will Ferrell fan, go see it!!

If you’re keeping up with DIL1, then you know that H1 bought her a new Scion. She loves it. I hope they’ll bring it to NOLA soon so we all can “OOH” and “AHHH” over it. I’ll bet it would be a perfect car to take to The Shed for a bite or two of BBQ.

It was a good week. At work I received my annual evaluation, and it was GREAT!! I am really pleased with it. Wednesday night I stopped by P&J’s before heading over to the Pit Stop with H2 and FL1. Jerrod served up some outstanding red beans and rice. I commented on how close to Popeye’s his recipe was. Turns out, it WAS Popeye’s. Damn, I’m good!! Sunday, H2,FL1, RB, NEXCarl and I are planning to go to The Shed. KenEllie can’t join us, they are going tubing. Mom, H1/DIL1, we MISS YOU!!! It’s about time for P&J, Ian and BB to join us, too!! We need to make a family trip to The Shed!!!

Last night we went out to the Eastern Restaurant for a late evening (8-ish) dinner, then on the the movies for 10PM. It was a really good time. KenEllie, H2, FL1, and a couple from H2’s work whose names I can’t remember. Good times. Only wish Linda and H1/DIL1 could have been there, too.

Please, PLEASE pray for Fr. John’s grandmother. She’s been diagnosed with what appears to be the first recorded case of West Nile Virus in New Orleans. There’s no vaccine for the virus, so she’s got to try to fight it on her own.

Fr. Deo is off to Beaumont, TX. He should be back for most of the month of September. He is such a character! He’s really a great person, and represents Uganda, and the Archdiocese of Tororo well. We’re looking forward to when he finishes his studies in Rome and returns to New Orleans to teach at our seminary.

Speaking of Ugandans, I’ve learned that the new seminarian, Vincent, has arrived in the States, and he brought Africafé!! I was never much of an instant coffee enthusiast, but after our trip to Tororo last summer I developed quite a taste for Africafé. I mentioned to Deo just last week how much I enjoyed the coffee, and voilá!! Africafé will be arriving soon!

And last but not least, for planning purposes, Herrick Family and Friends Week at Deal’s Gap 2007, July 21 – 29th. Come for the whole time, or for a few days! See the Smokies!

God’s love to all of you!

No comments: