August 15, 2006

*Three Days, Man... Three Days... We just love you...

* With apologies to Max Yasgar and his farm, Woodstock, NY, 1969.

I went to the movies with H2 and FL1. We saw "Pulse". It was $5 and 1 1/2 hours of my life I will never get back. It was definitely a "wait until it comes out on video and get a friend to rent it" movie. Oh well, the company was good.

Going to the Pit Stop tomorrow night and then maybe out for some hot wings and celery stalks. Hope the weather holds up. We've had a lot of rain lately, so a couple of days without is nice. Still very humid, making any outdoor activity sticky and uncomfortable.

It's tomorrow night already. I'm back from the Pit Stop. H2 is getting ready for his trip to Houston tomorrow evening. It will be very quiet around here while he's gone. Maybe I'll finish season three of Alias.

A close friend of ours has a large, fast growing lymphoma in his chest. He begins his first round of chemo this week. Please pray for him, and for his family. We met them soon after moving into Algiers Point, and have been friends ever since, with his boys attending Holy Name of Mary school, and Holy Cross High School with my own sons.

We're starting to see houses bulldozed in Lakeview. More than I would have imagined. It's an older neighborhood anyway, so pre-K people would buy homes, demolish and rebuild. I guess Katrina was nature's way of encouraging the practice.

Hmmm. I guess I'd better save this and continue later. My mind is like mush and I can't think of anything else to write. Maybe tomorrow.

So what's up with this JonBenetRamsey thing? A teacher confessed? From Thailand? What's he doing in Thailand? Is that not bizarre? And he said it was a kidnapping gone bad. If it's true, I'm sorry the mother didn't live to see it, or to see her husband and her finally out from under the dark cloud of suspicion that had enveloped them for the past 10 years.

Not to be outdone with bizarre, our legislature recently passed a law making it illegal to smoke in an automobile that is carrying a child under 5 years old. While I'm all about not smoking, I find this a little unsettling. Hasn't it already been established that a car (or truck) is an extension of one's home? If that's true, then how soon will we be looking at legislation to regulate smoking in households with infants? We can't legislate ourselves into a society where no one ever gets sick, no one ever has an accident, no one ever dies prematurely. Stuff happens. Regardless of our best efforts. It's part of life, part of living.

Enough of the soap box. It's taken me three days to finish this. Take care, God bless, we love you.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Bike night: Whatever!!
JonBenetRamsey: Dang, who saw that coming?
Smoking: Democracy or Do-As-I-Tell-You-cy? Hmm.

Miss ya!!

Deacon Dean said...

Rumor has it the Xbox may be making a NOLA run!! Any truth to that one? We miss you guys bunches. When you come we can all go to the Shed... everybody... on bikes, in cars, whatever!! We love ya!!!!!