November 18, 2006

YES, I'M A TRAVELIN' MAN

We're finally home again, Linda from Memphis, and me from Huntsille, AL. Thanks, AGAIN, to FL1. She took so much stress out of having to leave Maynard and Gumbo at home!! We really can't thank her enough! It was a tough week for me, what with going to the Software Acquisition Management course every day, reading and written assignments in the evenings, a storm front passing through mid-week, and being crammed into a tiny little room in the Army's version of the Navy lodge. To show you just how much I suffered, I'm including some pictures of my room(s). Are you suffering with me? No? Well, ok, I admit that the rooms were actually pretty nice. But that's not the whole picture. Not by a long shot!! Not for an email and internet addict like myself!! They advertise internet access, and there was a DSL modem in the room. However, the reason you aren't seeing this post days ago is because the internet access in my room was SLOWER than DIALUP, if you can imagine! I tried for over an hour to upload these photos, with no luck. Admittedly they're big files, but this morning it took all of 2 minutes. Fortunately, unlike the Navy, I was able to check my private email on the computer in class (during breaks, of course). Anyway, the course was good. I passed. YAY!! Then a 7 1/2 hour drive home in near perfect driving conditions. All in all, a pretty darn good week. I thank the Lord and everyone who prays for us that Linda and I were able to travel up and back safely. Now, prayer warriors, it's time to get H2 HOME!!! And, as a special treat for those of you, like myself, who just can't get enough of our latest little bundle of joy (and sleepless nights)...








3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Glad you're both home! Missed you a lot...and, my, what a cute baby!!!

Deacon Dean said...

How true! And we're glad to be home so we can see her in person!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. H, you are very welcome! I did not mind helping you & Mrs. H out. If there is anything else that I can help you both out with, especially with H2 in the current state please don't hestitate to ask. Anything. My house/critter-sitting abilities are spreading like wildfires ... I am doing it again this holiday weekend for friends (T&M) near by. I just hope that H2 starts feeling better.