November 29, 2006

WHAT'S THE BUZZ? TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING!

A postscript to the last blog entry… Major Dad made a BIG dish of potato salad (which, by the way, is to die for) for the Christening party, but it was never served. What a shame, ‘cause Linda and I had to go back to P&J’s on Sunday for, you guessed it, potato salad. We were forced to enjoy, along with the potato salad, London broil (delicious) and bbq’d chicken (also delicious). Oh, how we do suffer!!!

Please pray for Chris’ continued recovery. She is doing well and we look forward to seeing her again VERY soon.

Good news for me, too! For those of you who know of my recent medical history, my neurosurgeon took a look at my MRIs taken last week and says I’m A-OK and don’t need to see him anymore, and don’t need an annual MRI, either!

H2 has an appointment in two weeks to see the same neurosurgeon, so please include him and his continued health in your prayers, as well.

We’re looking forward to an excellent weekend! First, it’s Linda’s birthday weekend, which means that Friday I go with her to the Covington Craft Fair across the lake in Covington, LA. Second, H1 and DIL1 are coming in again to attend a friend’s wedding, so we’ll get to see them, too. And C: (hehehe, I know it’s supposed to be “Third,” deal with it!) Linda and I are going to dinner with Ellie’s folks, which we’re really looking forward to.

Recent surveys indicate that at least 1/3 of the current population of New Orleans and Jefferson Parish are considering moving out of the area within the next two years. It also reported that 57% of Orleanians and 83% of Jeffersonians are satisfied with life as it is today.

Murders and violent crime are on the rise in New Orleans, as well as on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish. The West Bank population is bursting at the seams since Katrina, as people returning to NOLA settled where the least damage had occurred. As should have been expected, those returning included a less than desirable element of the former population.

Unsolicited plug: Whole Foods Market’s “Berry Chantilly Cake” is, bar none, the BEST!!! ‘Nuff said!!!

I guess I’ve rambled long enough. As we begin Advent this weekend, I wish everyone the best Christmas and New Year ever… Together let’s Keep Christ in CHRISTmas!!!
God bless!!

No comments: