August 10, 2007

Rule # 1 - A CHIEF IS NEVER WRONG!*

* Rule # 2 - If a Chief is wrong, Rule # 1 applies.

My layout appears to be working a little better with Firefox. Not as well as I'd like, but still better than it was.

I had another visit with the wound care nurse as well as my IDD. Result is the leg looks really good. Another round of silver nitrate sticks to keep it healing properly. IDD gave me a return to work note that allows for 1/2 day, 3 days a week until further notice. She's really concerned about the cellulitis flaring up again. Not that I'm not, mind you, but 3 months is a long time to be away from the office.

As the gubernatorial election gets closer I shudder at the prospect of another season of hateful political adds. So far there are 3 candidates running regular adds on TV. One, Bobby Jindal, the front runner and current U.S. Representative, is keying on honesty and integrity in government. Another, John Georges, is keying on his own leadership abilities and how they will best serve the state. The third, and the first to begin a TV campaign, has done nothing but throw stones at Jindal. Unfortunately, mudslinging seems to have a positive, not negative, effect on Louisiana voters more often than not.

Today we dropped off 3 soccer balls with one of the Ugandan seminarians who is going to New York for a few days. He'll be giving the balls, as well as some clothing and other supplies to another Ugandan to take back with him. It is SO costly to mail packages to Uganda, and often they never arrive at the intended destination!

I'm already beginning to feel the urge for another trip to Tororo! I thought the last time would be the last time, but, who knows? The people are wonderful, the country is beautiful, and the opportunities to help are almost overwhelming! I wish I had a talent for fundraising. There is so much good that can be accomplished with what to we Americans is a modest sum of money. Digging a well for clean, potable water, or building a house, a church, a hospital. One hospital we visited had several wards, but more beds than mattresses! Another would-be hospital was unfinished because funds had run out. Yet the people remain amazingly positive and up-beat.

Congratulations to DIL2's brother who is a Navy Chief Petty Officer (CPO) selectee! Here's wishing you good luck in the weeks leading up to your initiation! Just remember, "Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Some of my faithful readers have met S2, my sister who lives in PA. I hope you get a chuckle out of this!

Take care, and

2 comments:

Hannah said...

OMG, that is the funniest video ever. When she said, "stop calling," I spit out my soda laughing so hard. I am a moron however, is it a video for the church? If church is that stressful, I want no part of it. hehe I will take a Grande Mocha though. If you got one handy.

Huh? Do ya??

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Love the video..."hello, this is...a church" hahahaha!!! That was my old job 100%, I kid you not.