August 29, 2007

STORMY WEATHER

It's hard to believe that almost a week has passed since my last entry. Still, not much going on.

This past weekend was my first homily weekend since April. Talk about nervous! I guess it went ok, though. At all three masses, nobody got up and walked out while I was giving it.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Katrina. It brings with it President and Mrs. Bush. Earlier in the week we had several presidential candidates in town for a mini debate. I wish they'd just stick to TV and Youtube for their politicking. All they accomplish when they come here is to tie up our airwaves with "special reports" that have nothing of any real import to say, and then they tie up our highways and byways coming into and leaving the city, creating havoc with our traffic. I think I'll vote for the candidate who NEVER comes to New Orleans!

While in Ohio, the sisters came up with the idea for a massive family gathering in 2009 to celebrate the fact that in 2009, in the extended family we will have someone who turns 60, another 50, one 40, a 30, and a 20. Any 10's we don't know about? The location most widely agreed upon is Orlando. In order for maximum attendance, the date will have to fall somewhere after school lets out in the spring, and before it starts again in the fall. More to follow on this as I get more info from S1,S2,S3 and S4.

Linda did some gardening on Sunday, and appears to have injured her back in some fashion. She's been home for two days resting. Please pray that it is "only" muscle strain and nothing more serious. Even strains in the back can be incredibly painful. Prayers for her, please.

I'm working from home today. It's nice to sit in my "green room" office and listen to the church bells as they play different hymns. Very calming and peaceful.

H1/DIL1 head to Vegas this weekend. I hope they have a great time. Just remember the old family motto, "What happens in Vegas gets replayed over, and over, and over again at every possible family function."

Take care, and God bless!!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

We are in for '09!!

Also, "what happens in Vegas" will not be discussed with family, can't tell you people nothin! hehe

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Nobody walks out on your homilies!!! '09 sounds fun, we'll see what we can do! Mom, hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Way to get the ball rolling, Dean! I have already gone to the WDW site to request information about large groups. By my count, if all siblings and extended families go, it is about 40 people!

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you're here. My backyard is not big enough for 40 people....well maybe it is????