September 23, 2007

WHAT A RUDE AWAKENING!

NOLA dodged a very wet bullet. The tropical depression we thought was going to dump inches of rain on us this weekend apparently went North to Mississippi instead of NW to us. All the warnings that we'd been watching all week were cancelled Friday night. Whew!

I didn't get to bed Friday until 12:30AM, and I was up Saturday at 6:15. "Why?", you might ask. Well, I've always heard that you can't smell when you're asleep. I disagree. I use a cpap breathing machine at night, so I have air being forced into my nose constantly. Throughout the night our boxer, Maynard, moves about the house, sleeping here and there. Sometimes, in the morning when he's ready to go out he comes and hunkers down next to my side of the bed. After awhile he farts, and the cpap sucks it in and forces it directly into my nose. The smell just about suffocates me and wakes me up quickly!! PEEEE-eew!!

That's how my Saturday started.

It did get better, though. Gumbo was very friendly and wanted to be held, a lot. He even let Linda give him a shower.


Molly's first birthday party was tonight. She was SO CUTE!!! She had her own little birthday cake which she ate, wore, and played with!! The rest of us had birthday cake, Berry Chantilly cake, and birthday cake ice cream (much like cookies 'n cream). It was a really nice party. We missed H1/DIL1 and KenEllie.

H2 has returned to working out at the gym. We're really excited that he has reached that stage of his recovery. We continue to pray for him.

Looking forward to seeing H1/DIL1 next weekend!!

Congrats to LSU, who is KICKING BUTT this season!!

God bless, and good night.

No comments: